Finding a Plumber for Your Apartment Complex
Are you looking to hire a commercial plumber for your apartment complex or rental properties? Here are some tips and ideas on what to consider and look for when hiring a professional:
- How big is the scope of work you need done? Understanding the amount of work your commercial building will require from a plumbing aspect is important, as you will need to communicate this with your plumber so that they will know how you prefer your property to be maintained. Make sure the plumber has the expertise, manpower, and time necessary to take on the plumbing work and maintenance your apartment complex requires.
- Make sure they are licensed and insured. Working with a plumber who is not licensed with the state can end up causing a lot of trouble for not only them, but you and your renters as well. A good plumber will be licensed as well as insured to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Know exactly what you want from them. Do you anticipate frequent plumbing service needs, and are you in need of a plumber to be on standby at all times for a large facility with many residents? Or do you own a smaller complex that will simply need routine maintenance a few times a year? Be sure to have a clear idea of the exact role you want the plumber to take on and get their personal confirmation that they will be able to fulfill this role.
- Find a plumber who excels in both residential and commercial plumbing. Since apartment complexes are commercial buildings made up of residential units, your ideal plumber will be knowledgeable of both kinds of plumbing structures, practices, and maintenance.
- Pick a plumber who offers 24/7 service. Owning an apartment complex means understanding that emergencies can happen at any time—and sometimes more than one at a time. Emergencies don’t happen when it’s convenient for you, and plumbing issues can occur in the middle of the night that will require immediate repair to prevent major damage. A reliable plumber will understand this well and will be happy to offer service at whatever hour of the day or night you may need it.
Michael Runk Plumbing & Heating is an Edlersburg, MD commercial plumber that is ready, willing, and able to tackle all of your apartment complex plumbing needs. For more information on our services or to schedule regular service for a property you manage, contact us today!