Water Conservation in the Home
Being conscious of our individual impact on the environment is becoming increasingly important, and it starts with you and your home. Water conservation isn’t a difficult task, as long as you are equipped with the right knowledge and tools to be successful.
Check out these water conservation tips and find out how your local Maryland plumber can help you promote a healthier environment!
- Don’t run the faucet while brushing your teeth.
- Get soap on your hands before turning on the faucet.
- Fix all plumbing leaks as soon as you become aware of them.
- Install eco-friendly fixtures like faucets and showerheads that use less water.
- Take your car to the carwash instead of washing it at your house—most carwash facilities recycle the water!
- Take shorter showers.
- Re-use the water you cook your pasta in.
- Don’t run your dishwasher until it’s completely full.
Did you know?
Your local plumber in Maryland can be a big help when you’re trying to make your home more eco-friendly. There are plenty of green plumbing systems and fixtures available today that can be installed in your home and will make it even easier for you to conserve water!
- If you’re building a new house, your contracted plumber can design a “green layout,” or a more efficient layout of the plumbing structures in your home.
- A hot water circulation system can get your hot water to its intended point of use with little to no wait, which reduces amount of water you waste when you run a faucet waiting for water to get hot in your sink or shower.
- Gray water is the waste water that comes from showers, baths, laundry, and kitchen. It makes up almost 60% of residential water waste. Your plumber can install a gray water collection system that will collect all that water and divert it to another part of your home, like in your backyard into a cistern or other closed container. You can then use this water for other things like watering your plants or flushing toilets!
For a green plumbing service in Maryland, look to the professionals at Michael Runk Plumbing & Heating! We are located in Eldersburg and pride ourselves on being a reliable and eco-friendly plumbing service provider to thousands of customers throughout the state. For more tips on how to better conserve water in your home, or to schedule plumbing service, contact us today!