Who Installs Dishwashers From Big Box Stores?
Purchasing a new dishwasher can be an exciting and convenient addition to your kitchen, making the chore of dishwashing a breeze. If you’ve bought your dishwasher from a big box store, you might wonder who installs it for you. This blog will explore the installation options typically available when you purchase a dishwasher from a big box store.
When you purchase a dishwasher from a big box store, there are generally three installation options to consider:
Professional Installation: Many big box stores offer professional installation services for appliances, including dishwashers. These services are typically provided by contractors or technicians affiliated with or hired by the store. Here’s what you can expect from professional installation:
- Expertise: Professional installers are experienced and trained to install dishwashers correctly. They can handle the entire installation process, including plumbing and electrical connections.
- Warranty Support: Professional installation often comes with a warranty or guarantee, which means that if any issues arise due to the installation, the store will cover the costs of repairs or corrections.
- Peace of Mind: Opting for professional installation ensures that your dishwasher will be set up correctly, minimizing the risk of leaks, electrical problems, or other issues that can arise from a DIY installation.
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Installation: Some individuals with the necessary skills and tools may choose to install the dishwasher themselves. However, this option is not recommended for everyone, as it involves several steps, including plumbing and electrical work. Here are some considerations if you’re thinking about a DIY installation:
- Skill Level: DIY installation requires a certain level of plumbing and electrical knowledge. If you’re not experienced in these areas, it’s best to opt for professional installation to ensure safety and functionality.
- Warranty Concerns: Installing the dishwasher yourself may void the manufacturer’s warranty. If any issues arise, you’ll be responsible for repair costs.
- Time and Effort: DIY installation can be time-consuming and may require purchasing additional tools or parts. Make sure you have the necessary resources and are comfortable with the process before proceeding.
Hiring a Local Installer: In some cases, homeowners may choose to hire a local appliance installer or handyman to install their dishwasher. This option provides more flexibility and can be a cost-effective choice. Here’s what to consider when hiring a local installer:
- Credentials: Ensure that the installer has the necessary credentials and experience to handle dishwasher installations, including plumbing and electrical work.
- Cost: Local installers may offer competitive pricing compared to professional installation services offered by the big box store.
- Warranty: Discuss warranty and liability concerns with the installer to understand what kind of support they offer in case of installation-related issues.
Dishwasher Installation from a Local, MD Master Plumber
If you’re looking for professional dishwashing installation from a local MD plumber, look no further than Michael Runk Plumbing and Heating. We are a professional residential and commercial plumbing company that can assist with various plumbing tasks. Contact us now to schedule an appointment.